Friday, April 9, 2010

"What's For Dinner?" Layout




















Are you enjoying Spring weather as well? I think Spring has finally arrived here in Co Kerry; at least my garden thinks so. My veggie plants are really growing with the sunshine we've been having the past couple of days. Sooo happy to *hopefully* have the winter weather behind us!

Just a pre-intro to my post: Our family enjoyed a lot of company at our house this past week. When I say "a lot" I mean a lot. :c) It's been SO much fun though. My daughter Kendalle and I prepared 132 plates of food at our home over a 6-day period. So, we've enjoyed lots of laughs and a lot of new memories as well. Okay, so all that to help explain the layout that I have for you today. I wanted to create a scrapbook page of one of the groups we had for dinner the other evening. My hubby says he thinks that I "thrive serving a big crowd!" I'm not sure about that...I sure couldn't have done it without my sweet little daughters!




















In the midst of recovering from it all, I was having fun playing with my Crafty Alley kit (April) and came up with this 12x12 layout. I am really enjoying all of the great products in the kit!


All of the papers and embellies (except Primas) are from this month's Crafty Alley Kit Club available here. The unique flower was created using the green linen A4 paper, ribbon, papers, and a brad from the kit.

The layout also goes along with the challenge (SEWING!) on this Crafty Alley DT blog here. I've used machine stitching on many of the paper embellies, mats, and borders.

One of my favourite colours is yellow, for some reason, it just makes me smile. :c) Perhaps because it brings a small bit of instant "sunshine!" ✲ This is the Bling cardstock by Bazzil from the kit.


















































Don't forget to play along with the current DT challenge: sewing! You have one week left to be entered in the draw for a €10 voucher to the Crafty Alley Shop. You can view the DT Challenge here.

Haven't the other DT members been creating gorgeous projects?! I loved Michelle's card and Louise's fun stitched journal cover! Katie is away until Monday, so will look forward to seeing what she comes up with as well once she home to her kit. Didn't you love her beautiful card and album? I was hoping she'd give us a peak at the rest of the album. :c)

Until next time,
❦ Robyn xx

--------------------------------------

Sharing a smiley:
"There are no mistakes, just opportunity for embellishments."

No comments:

Post a Comment