Monday, December 6, 2010

Good use for the Christmas kit!

I decided last weekend to make an advent calendar. I was going through ideas for styles for what I wanted and decided on one. I got a frame, removed the glass, got out my mod podge and the Bo bunny papers from the Crafty Alley kit and got to work. I was using chipboard numbers for on the tags and realised I did not have enough, so I placed an order online for more. However, then it started snowing, and as a result I have not yet received my extra numbers! I am ok up to the 11th for the moment at least :) But hurry up mister postman!!

The photo isn’t the best (see my previous post today complaining about that!) so you cant see some of the details in it. Firstly the frame is a lovely cream colour, not white as it looks here. Secondly, the berries and ornaments have been treated with glossy accents so they have a raised, dimensional look.

All the tags hang on red and silver star shaped brads that I painstakingly hot glued on. The tags have been kept fairly simple, just the gold painted numbers on the front. When you turn the tag over there are snowflakes stamped on the back. It works great so far. Hopefully it is something that will last us for a while. Now in the mean time keep your fingers crossed my postman turns up so I can fully finish it!