Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recipe Box Tutorial by Michele Roos

Hi there and thanks for stopping by. Today it's my turn to do a post and I thought that I'd show you a tutorial on how to make this cute little Recipe Box using the gorgeous goodies in the April Kit.


First, you will need a piece of cardstock that is 6 3/4" x 10 3/8" (this will be the bottom). and a piece that measures 7 3/8" x 11" (this will be the top)

Score the 6 3/4" x 10 3/8" piece at 2 1/2" on all four sides.

Score the 7 3/8" x 11" piece at 2 3/4" on all four sides.

Crease all score lines using a bone folder (on both the top and bottom pieces).

Make vertical cuts (following the score lines) to create "flaps" in each corner on both the bottom and top pieces of the cardstock




DSCF8300

**Optional** - I like to cut off part of the flaps (see picture above). I find that it makes for a nicer finished product, but this step is completely up to you.

DSCF8302

**Optional** - To pretty up the box a little bit I've used some of the gorgeous DP from the April Kit and then stuck it down using double sided tape.

DSCF8304

Using a strong doubled sided adhesive, assemble both the bottom and top pieces.

For the dividers, that go inside the box, I made mine 5 1/4" x 3 1/4". I also glued the circle tabs (see pictures below) so that they stick up above the top of the divider. This is important because I have created the top of the box longer...to accommodate those tabs. If you would put the tabs flush with the top of the dividers, the top of the box would be too long.

Here are some additional pictures of the box and the dividers I created...

DSCF8312

DSCF8316

DSCF8314

DSCF8315

All the material, apart from the divider tags, I've used to create this project is from the April Kit.

I hope that you've enjoyed this tutorial and has given you a little inspiration on what you can create using the gorgeous goodies from the April Kit from the Crafty Alley.

Hugs Michele xxx

3 comments:

  1. what a great project Michele. It would make a wonderful gift
    The papers are gorgeous
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete