Monday, April 5, 2010

Patchwork Fun......



Hey everyone,

How was your Easter weekend? Well, I had a lot of fun as I got to play with April's kit from The Crafty Alley!!! It really is packed full of all you can need for a month of crafty fun!! My first project is ''off the page'' but can be adapted into a layout or a card. I started a family journal to write down things we said or did, when Finn walked etc....and altered the cover using the Kit. The kit includes Tim Holtz grungeboard squares and they are so versatile!! I had planned to share a layout this week but was inspired by Robyn's challenge and used some sewing in this project. I inked up the squares with 6 different coloured Tim Holtz distress inks and stitched them into a patchwork background.........



Then I used a tag from the Kit and distressed the edges......



There is a whole sheet of borders and how cute is this ruler one? I distressed the edges of that too and then pleated it. Some distressed stitching and buttons added the finishing touch.



I love the end result. The ink on the grungeboard gives a faux suede effect. And guess what? I haven't even dented the kit, I still have about 97% left!!! It's packed!!

Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment