Friday, July 16, 2010

Vintage Butterfly...or is it?




Happy Friday Ladies! I can't believe how fast this week has flown by! I have a card to share with you today that is using DP from the lovely July kit from the Crafty Alley shop. I've really grunged it up and distressed it quite a lot.






















I've created the butterfly using the Cracked Glass technique.














First I stamped the flower onto watercolour paper using StazOn ink. I then colored it in using my AquaPainter and Stampin' Up! ink pads. I spritzed it with a brown marker and then die cut the butterfly shape with my Big Shot. After inking up the edges of the butterfly, I added VersaMark ink to the entire surface. I heat embossed it a total of 3 times using UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel by Ranger). Then all you do is pop it into the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden it up further, and when you take it out you simply bend and snap the UTEE. Voilà! You've done the Cracked Glass technique. To further emphasize the cracks, I like to rub ink over the surface so it gets down into the cracks.




















I hope you give it a go, it is a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Robyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment