Monday, September 13, 2010

Floral fantasy

I love the papers in the September Crafty Alley kit, they are so bright and vibrant. I decided to alter a photo frame using the kit papers and the chip board butterfly from the kit mini album. I wanted something bright and summery for my craft room wall - I want to pretend the weather is still sunny and bright! I had some flowers left over from previous kits, the trim on the top left is remaining from the Dublin Crop kit and the little flowers were from my stash. I painted the frame turquoise and when dry went over it with brown crackle paint (also from a previous crafty alley kit!). I painted the butterfly turquoise also and then stamped it in wild honey distress ink. When dry I painted over it in clear distress crackle paint.

The colours are not showing up great in the photo, the light has gone really bad here and because of the glass in the frame it was hard to get a good angle for a picture. It is lovely and vibrant in real life though! Here is a close up taken straight on....


2 comments: