Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wedding Layout

Hi there everyone and thanks for stopping by. Today I’d like to show you a layout that I’ve done. I was meant to show you this last Monday but wanted to keep it until today as today is a very special day for me as it would have been my lovely Mum’s 66th Birthday but very sadly she was taken from us December 2007. Today is also my 11th Wedding Anniversary so I thought what better way to celebrate the two occasions in creating a Wedding layout using a photo of my Mum & Dad’s Wedding Day (it’s kind of a little gift to my Mum)

DSCF9409

The DP are from the August Kit from the Crafty Alley and for the green papers I’ve just ripped the edges exposing the white underneath and then inked it up using Frayed Burlap.

The journaling tag is also in the August Kit from Crafty Alley.

I made the yellow roses myself as these was my Mum’s favourite flowers and I created these using my slice machine.

image

I didn’t have any of the swirl adhesive gems so I created my own using silver beads, glue and a lot of patience, LOL – But I think it turned out ok.

image The butterfly I’ve used is also in the August Kit from the Crafty Alley and I’ve glued some of the silver beads to the body.

image

As I want to be able to see this all the time, I’ve put it in a picture frame and will hang it in the hallway. I’ve still got to stain the frame itself but just wanted to show you the finished look.

I hope that this has given some ideas on how to use the elements from the August Kit.

Hugs Michele x

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely Michelle. Your layout shows much love and care and I'm sure your mum would be pleased. Happy, happy anniversary to you and your hubby. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Robyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, that's beautiful, happy anniversary! Did your parents get married in the same town where you live now?

    ReplyDelete