Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chez Marguerite...

Hi guys,

Well you all know how excited I was about the new kit that came out this week! Well, now I have it, and I LOVE it!!!!

So.. with no further rambling on my part, here is my first project using the May Vintage Findings kit.

I used the scallopped chipboard piece, covered it in one of the patterned papers and inked the edges. Embellishment wise, I used the Prima flower, lace, butterfly ribbon and gems from the kit, and the decorative panel is from the elements page, backed on to the plain Bazzil cardstock.

I used my Windsor and Newton bottled inks to add some colour to the centre of the Prima flower, and also to dye the butterfly crimson. I also stamped a flower image in Brushed Cordoroy Distress Ink and coloured the edges with the same crimson ink.

It looks tres cute on the back of my craft room door!!


Katie xx


  1. What a lovely idea... Really pretty..
    I love the vintage look and this is great

  2. Tres cute it is my dear! I do like it, and You might have just gave me some inspiration for a swap I need to make and I am late sending it as I can`t think of anything round to make! LOL
    Thank you, I do Love it its so pretty! x

  3. Oh wow Katie! They say "Great minds think alike." We must have great minds! The first project I made from this kit was a hanger using this chipboard piece. I'm planning to post it on Friday, but was floored that we both had the same idea. Too funny! Mine is quite different, but the same general idea, but I'll still post it on Friday anyway. Great job girlie, your hanger looks fabby! I love the vintage style of it. I always love your projects. :c) Hugs, Robyn xx

  4. Thanks girls - and Robyn - can't wait to see yours!!! xxx

  5. Katie what a wonderfull project. As soon as I saw it it gave me an idea... for a baby room.

    Thanks, Marisa