Friday, June 11, 2010

Funky Summer Journal

Hi guys,

I have a journal to share with you today. I had lots of fun making it, and my desk is now covered in acrylic paint and sandpaper !

To alter the top note chipboard piece that came in the kit, I first embossed it using an embossing folder, then painted it with white acrylic paint. When that was dry, I sanded it to reveal the design, and then covered it in Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I then roughly painted around the edges again with more acrylic paint. I got the idea for this technique from the new book by Tim Holtz, 'A Compendium of Curiousities', which is available to buy HERE.

I altered the heart die cuts by first painting them all with white acrylic paint. For the crown I then simply added some Diamond Stickles. For the heart, I covered it in Rock Candy Distress Stickles, and then outlined it with silver Stickles. Finally, for the wings, I gave it a good layer of Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy, and when it had dried, I then splodged on more acrylic paint to heighten the texture, and give a distressed, feathery look.

I bound my book with book rings and added ribbons and string from the kit.

For the inside, I made three folders out of patterned paper, and stamped and embossed an image on to the front of each folder.
I also stamped each journalling page to add detail.

Well, that's it for today! I will be back again tomorrow with another project to share with you.

Hugs

Katie

Items from kit used:

Design Paper

Ribbons and Silver String

Distress Ink in Stormy Sky

Metal Corners

Top Note Chipboard Piece

Heart Die-Cut Chipboard pieces

Mini fasteners

No comments:

Post a Comment